Other Neighborhood Information

This information is provided so it can be shared among our residents. Please let us know if there is anything you feel should be added.

Curbside Recycling and Trash Pick-Up

• Trash & Recycling is collected on Tuesday, Yard Waste is collected on Thursday.
• Garbage shall be placed at the curb no earlier than 6 p.m. the day before collection and no later than 8 a.m. the day of collection.
• All containers must be removed from the curb and stored out of view by 6:00 p.m. on the day of collection.
• All Roswell residences must subscribe to Trash Collection Service. 


Vehicle Parking

• In residential neighborhoods, vehicles may only be parked on a hard-surface (asphalt, concrete) driveway.
• Parking is not allowed on curb or lawn areas.
• Parking of more than 4 vehicles per household in a manner visible from a public street is unlawful.
• Inoperable cars (including partially dismantled or wrecked cars) cannot be parked in public view for more than 10 hours.
• Recreational equipment & vehicles (such as boats, flatbed trailers, RVs, campers, etc.) can only be parked on a hard-surface driveway for the sole purpose of loading/unloading and for a period not to exceed 24 hours.
• Commercial trucks, boats, buses, and campers can not be parked on Roswell streets for more than 6 hours.
[Roswell City Ordinance, Section 22.3.4]


No Noise at Night

Roswell Noise Ordinances prohibit noise from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. during the week, and from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m. on weekends.


City of Roswell Code Enforcement

Code Enforcement Brochure Studdiford is located entirely within Roswell City limits and as such is subject to
City of Roswell Code Enforcement.

Please review the Roswell Code Enforcement Guide for an overview of the regulations governing the use and enjoyment of personal property.

"City of Roswell takes great pride in being a premier riverside city. This status is only accomplished through the cooperative efforts of our citizens, businesses, elected officials and employees.

The function of the Code Enforcement Division is to enforce the requirements of the City’s Unified Development Code (UDC), various “nuisance” ordinances, property maintenance code, the multi-family inspection program, weed and overgrown yards, property abatement, and inoperable motor vehicle ordinance."

Alternatively, you can view or search the Roswell Code of Ordinances online.

Other Roswell / Fulton County Information


You, your family and/or business can "adopt" a road in Roswell. You just agree to pick up litter on it 6 times a year. A sign with your name on it is placed along the road you maintain. (770) 641-3715


Roswell Recycling Center

Located at 11570 Maxwell Road, at the corner of Hembree Road and Maxwell Road. Open 7 days a week. (770) 442-8822. The Recycling Center Now Accepts: Televisions, Computers, Monitors, Telephones, Fluorescent Light Tubes: (no 20 to 300 watt round light bulbs). There is also a Goodwill Trailer on site .


Disposal of Large Items

The City of Roswell will pick-up large and/or over-sized items (including appliances, lawnmowers, mattresses, furniture, building materials, paint cans, screen doors, etc.). To make arrangements, call the City of Roswell Environmental Department at (770) 641-3715.


Stop Mailbox Advertisements

Tired of getting all those advertisements taped to your mailbox or thrown on your driveway? Call Roswell at (770) 641-3780 and request they mail you a “No Handbill” sticker. Place the sticker on the front of your mailbox. If you receive unwanted handbills, simply call the number given above and ask to speak with Code Enforcement. They will contact the offender. Those in violation are subject to penalties including fines and possible revocation of their business license. Please note - Hand-bills from Community Associations and Non-Profit groups are not subject to this ban.


File for Property Tax Exemptions by March 1

The State of Georgia and Fulton County offer several programs to reduce residents' property taxes. Homestead Exemption is available to any Fulton County resident who owns a home and uses it for their primary residence. There are additional tax relief exemptions for senior, disabled individuals, and veteran. You must apply for these exemptions in person with a document to prove your birth-date by March 1. Click here for a listing of all available exemptions and their requirements. For more info call (404) 224-0102, or visit one of the following locations:

• North Fulton Service Center, 7741 Roswell Road, Suite 234 B, Sandy Springs

• Alpharetta Service Center, 3155 Royal Drive, Suite 175, Alpharetta 


Vacation House Watch

The Roswell Police Department offers a free service called “Vacation House Watch.” Police Officers will drive by and check on the security of your residence at least once during every patrol shift (3 times every 24 hours). The number to call to activate this service is (770) 640-4100. When you call, ask to speak to Police Dispatch. They will ask you several questions including your dates of travel, emergency contact information, etc.


Stop Free Newspapers

If you do not want the free newspapers that are thrown into your driveway each week, you can stop delivery of them.  You can find web address and phone numbers here.


Door to Door solicitation is illegal in Roswell. Charities and Government entities are exempt from this rule and may solicit if they first obtain a permit from Roswell. [Roswell Ordinances, Section 10.12.2 & 10.9.4-7


In-Home Businesses

Must be registered with the City of Roswell. Registration Form and more info 


Report a street light that is out

If you notice a street light that is out or malfunctioning, it needs to be reported directly to Sawnee EMC. You will need the pole number normally found on the pole, as well as an approximate address. You can log the problem online here - http://www.sawnee.com/content/report-outage